Located at Gaithersburg Elementary School, the Ed Bohrer Parent Resource Center (PRC) serves Spanish and English speaking people as they pursue educational goals for themselves and their children as well as access needed services in the community.
- Basic literacy classes in Spanish and English
- Adult orientation for classes in English as a Second Language (ESOL)
- Adult Education ESOL classes through Montgomery College at Basic, Beginning I and II, Intermediate I and II levels
- Basic computer skills
- Citizenship classes
- Parent Homework Club
- Parenting skill workshops
Services and referrals in English and Spanish
- Advocacy for families and individuals
- Clothing, food and furniture programs
- Counseling and mental health referrals
- Education (ESOL, GED, Literacy and Citizenship classes)
- Interpretations and translations, including parent/teacher conferences
- Legal assistance referrals
- Medical, dental and eye clinic referrals
- Notary services
Services are offered free of charge to the general public.
The Ed Bohrer Parent Resource Center is a collaboration of Family Services, Inc., The City of Gaithersburg, Montgomery College and Montgomery County Public Schools.