What is the OnTrack Maryland Program?
OnTrack Maryland, a program for young adults offered at Family Services, Inc., offers specialized programs for the early identification, evaluation, and treatment of adolescents and young adults who have started experiencing certain troubling thoughts and/or experiences, or exhibiting changes in behavior, such as:
- Hearing or seeing things that others do not see or hear
- Having unusual thoughts or beliefs that appear as strange to themselves or others
- Feeling fearful or suspicious of others, sometimes including others they usually trust
We use an integrated approach to address educational, employment, physical and mental needs of young adults, including providing support for managing concerns with substance abuse. We are committed to equipping individuals at risk for more serious mental health difficulties and their families with tools to manage these troubling thoughts and/or experiences, achieve their goals for school, work, and relationships, and establish a life of their choosing.
Who does OnTrack Maryland serve?
- Individuals (ages 15-30) who gave recently started having strange and unusual thoughts and/or experiences.
- Family members, friends, educators, and others interested in understanding more about what these experiences might mean, and learning how to help individuals connect with appropriate help.
What services are available?
Care based on model of mental health recovery that takes into account the treatment preferences and goals of young people and their families;
Psycho-education about early psychosis for young people and families;
- Prescription and management of recommended pharmacological treatments;
- Supported employment and education for helping young people re-engage in work, school or pursuing new educational and/or work opportunities;
- Behavioral interventions to improve social functioning and reduce substance use;
- Assisting young people and families in times of acute need;
- Connecting young people and their families to resources and other support services in their communities.