Formerly known as the Neighborhood Service Center
How We Help
The Neighborhood Opportunity Network (NON) provides help applying for assistance with:
- Food Assistance
- Eviction and/or Foreclosure Prevention
- Utilities Assistance (Gas, Water, Electric)
- Health/Medical Care
- Legal Matters
- Financial Classes
- Emergency Services for Eviction Notices & Utility Cut Offs (meet with a MCDHHS Emergency Social Worker - appointments once per week)
- Referrals for other services
The Gaithersburg NON Site offers FREE assistance with applications and referrals to emergency services and other resources. Staff are available to:
- Help customers with accessing assistance for emergency services - Utilities, Rent, Food, Health Care, Legal Matters, Foreclosure & Eviction Prevention, Child Care Subsidies, Financial Literacy, Immigration/Citizenship, etc.
- Available to help with the application submission process, referrals to emergency services and other resources
- Access to Language Line (Able to work with over 200 languages)
- Collaborate with other local nonprofit providers - Community Clinic (CCI), WIC, GaithersburgHELP, Interfaith Works, Career Catchers, CASA de Maryland, Manna Food, Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc. (HIP), The Dwelling Place, Spanish Catholic Center, Upper Montgomery Assistance Network (UMAN), etc.
The site is sponsored by the following Neighbors Campaign partners: Family Services, Inc., Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, City of Gaithersburg, Impact Silver Spring.
Please download our flyer in English or in Spanish and keep this information handy.