Formerly known as the Neighborhood Service Center
How We Help
The Neighborhood Opportunity Network (NON) provides help applying for assistance with:
- Food Assistance
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Medical Assistance for Undocumented Pregnant Women/Children
- Care for Kids
- Child Care Subsidies
- Utilities (Gas, Water, Electric)
- Temporary Disability Assistance Program (TDAP)
- Emergency Services for Eviction Notices & Utility Cut Offs (meet with an Emergency Social Worker - appointments once per week)
The Gaithersburg NON Site offers FREE assistance with applications and referrals to emergency services and other resources. Staff are available to:
- Help customers with accessing assistance for emergency services - Utilities, Rent, Food, Health Care, Legal Matters, Foreclosure & Eviction Prevention, Child Care Subsidies, Financial Literacy, Immigration/Citizenship, etc.
- Available to help with the application submission process, referrals to emergency services and other resources
- Access to Language Line (Able to work with over 200 languages)
- Collaborate with other local nonprofit providers - Community Clinic (CCI), WIC, GaithersburgHELP, Interfaith Works, Career Catchers, CASA de Maryland, Manna Food, Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc. (HIP), The Dwelling Place, Spanish Catholic Center, Upper Montgomery Assistance Network (UMAN), etc.
The site is sponsored by the following Neighbors Campaign partners: Family Services, Inc., Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, City of Gaithersburg, Impact Silver Spring.