What is a Health Home ?
Your Health Home is not a building or a place of residence. It’s an approach to care that provides you with a team of caring professionals working together to improve your overall health and wellness.
This is your chance to play a big role in your health care and gain healthier results related to your medical and mental conditions.
What are the benefits of participating in a Health Home?
- We will meet with you to provide comprehensive care management services based on your physical and mental health needs.
- We will help to facilitate open communication between you and your Primary Care Physician.
- We will work with you to incorporate specific goals into your individualized care plan.
- We will monitor your health status and progress towards your care plan goals.
Who is eligible?
Health Homes are for people with Medicaid who:
- Have 2 or more chronic conditions
- Have one chronic condition and are at risk for a second
- Have one serious and persistent mental health condition
- Are willing to see the Nurse Care Manager twice a month.
Chronic conditions include mental health, substance abuse, asthma, diabetes, heart disease and being overweight. Additional chronic conditions, such as HIV/AIDS, may be considered by CMS approval.
What is the cost?
There is NO cost to you!
Care Specialists Will Help By...
- Going over your doctor’s plan for your health;
- Making follow-up appointments;
- Coordinating your care across all of your doctors and therapists;
- Referring you to other programs and services.
Nurse Care Managers Will Help By...
- Meeting with you twice per month
- Developing and provide wellness and prevention initiatives;
- Facilitating health education groups;
- Participating in the development of your initial care plan;
- Providing training on medical diseases. treatments and medications.