Frameworks for Families provides services to families at low to moderate risk for child maltreatment. Services include short-term family skills training and resources and referrals to community services. All referrals are generated from Child Welfare Services.
- Providing resource information and referrals to community services
- Providing family skills training using the Nurturing Parenting Program curriculum, an evidence based family skills training program which focuses on improving family communication skills, appropriate family boundaries, appropriate child development expectations and non-violent discipline techniques
- Home and/or group based services for up to six months plus follow up services available for six months after the home and group based services
- Services are available in English and Spanish
- Assessing each family to determine strength and needs of families at low to moderate risk for child maltreatment
Montgomery County Families with children birth to 18 years of age, referred by Child Welfare Services who are at low to moderate risk for child maltreatment are eligible to participate in the program.
Referrals are also accepted for families receiving services through Continuing Protective Services if there is a low to moderate risk for child maltreatment.
Services are FREE. To download our Information Flyer, please CLICK HERE.