Discovery Station Early Head Start serves low income families with children from birth to three years old and pregnant women who reside in the upcounty area of Montgomery County. Activities occur in the home and in the Family Services Discovery Station Child Development Center, with group activities on a regularly scheduled basis. Emphasis is placed on child development and extensive support services for families. Parents actively participate in the program's governance activities.
Discovery Station Early Head Start Provides:
- A dual option program offering both home-visiting and center-based services to enrolled children
- Instruction on infant and toddler development
- Modeling positive parent-child interactions
- Health assessments
- Case management
- Parenting skill training
- Linkages to community resources
- Father or male involvement activities
- Education, employment and training support services
To participate in Discovery Station Early Head Start you must:
- Live in upper Montgomery County and
- Be income eligible
- Have at least one child younger than 26 months or be expecting a child.
Assessments & Reports