Bilingual Infant and Toddler Teacher : Early Head Start-Gaithersburg, MD
Full and Part Time Positions available. Full time 7am-3:30pm Monday through Friday. Part time 2:30pm-6:30pm Monday through Friday. Promotes school readiness among multi-ethnic and socially isolated children ages 0 to 3 in a classroom setting. Establishes a nurturing, supportive, and stimulating relationship with children through strong communication skills and an individualized approach to each child’s stages of development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities shall also include but not be limited to the following:
1. With guidance from the Education Manager, plans and implements developmentally appropriate individual lesson plans and classroom activities using the Creative Curriculum, Healthy Beginnings and other resources.
2. Serves as the primary care giver for an assigned group of children.
3. Establishes a nurturing, supportive, and stimulating relationship with children through strong communication skills and an individualized approach to each child.
4. Observes and evaluate children using Creative Curriculum Gold assessment tool.
5. Documents records related to child’s attendance, meals, daily health, and classroom safety checklist.
6. Communicates observations and evaluations to parents, Discovery Station CDC Team Leader, staff and Education Manager.
7. Keeps center supplies and equipment clean, organized, and well maintained. Notifies Discovery Station Team Leader of needed supplies and equipment repairs.
8. Is available for Parent Teacher Conferences and telephone conferences with center-based families. Communicates clear policies and procedures to center families and volunteers.
9. Attends regular staff meetings, case conferences, and other meetings as requested.
10. Familiarizes self with community resources appropriate to needs of families and acts as a liaison between families and other community service agencies.
11. Complies with requirements as set forth to meet or exceed Head Start Performance Standards. Assists in the annual Self-Assessment.
12. Submits annual career development plan to supervisor. Attends workshops, conferences, and continuing education trainings to gain career-related knowledge and skills. Maintains First Aid and Infant/Child CPR certification.
13. Is a Mandated Reporter of suspected cases of child abuse and neglect in accordance with Maryland State and Montgomery County regulations. Reports suspected cases of child abuse and neglect to Center-based Team Leader.
14. Updates records in PROMIS (data entry system), documents observations every week as required by the policy and evaluations in Creative Curriculum Online documentation system or other data management system.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Child Development Associate (CDA) credential with certification for Infants and Toddlers. Must meet qualifications for approval by the Maryland State Department of Education under COMAR 13A.16 and the Head Start Performance Standards. Experience working with multi-ethnic, low-income, and at-risk families. Experience working with 0-3 population and knowledge of family-centered practices. Works cooperatively with families and accepts them as essential partners in the education process. Excellent ability to communicate well with parents, community members, and professionals. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Need to be able to lift 40 lbs.
To apply for this opening, please complete the following form and upload your cover letter and resume:
Apply By Mail
To apply by mail, please send a cover letter with the job title and your resume to Family Services, Inc:
Human Resources, Family Services, Inc.
610 East Diamond Avenue, Suite 100
Gaithersburg, MD 20877