Bilingual Child Development Assistant:Family Discovery Center-Rockville, MD
Provides direct care and promotes the health, safety and well being of all children in the FDC. Work hours may include some evening hours to accommodate programming schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in providing care and ensuring the safety and well being of all children in the FDC.
2. Assists with implementation of a developmentally appropriate program for infants and toddlers. Plans age-appropriate activities and facilitates child and parent interaction.
3. Provides informal parenting education to participants to support their parenting role.
4. Attends staff meetings and regular professional trainings to enhance skills and professional development.
5. Ensures that child observations are appropriately documented.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate degree in early childhood education preferred. Associate degree in related field, or high school diploma with 90 hour Child Care Certificate or Infant-Toddler CDA is acceptable.
2. Must have minimum of one year supervised classroom experience working with young children from birth to age three, and demonstrate knowledge of good teaching practices and child development.
3. Must demonstrate a commitment and ability to serve a diverse community including low-income, English language learners, and children with special needs or challenging behaviors. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
4. Must have ability to get up and down off the floor and lift up to 50 pounds
To apply for this opening, please complete the following form and upload your cover letter and resume:
Apply By Mail
To apply by mail, please send a cover letter with the job title and your resume to Family Services, Inc:
Human Resources, Family Services, Inc.
610 East Diamond Avenue, Suite 100
Gaithersburg, MD 20877