Billing Representative: Finance Department-Gaithersburg, MD
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and preview claims for electronic transmission to primary payers.
• Work held claims and report findings to departments for corrections.
• Self-Pay Statements – review and mail to clients
• Electronic and manual cash posting.
• Electronic and manual denied claims:
1. Follow up as needed
2. Prepare claims for resubmission when necessary
3. Review accounts for write offs and contractual allowances
• Monthly Reporting
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Working knowledge of HIPAA, Medicaid / Medicare Rules and Commercial insurance guidelines. Billing and collections experience of 5 years plus.Operational knowledge of desktop computers, Microsoft Office[ Word, Excel, Outlook and Electronic Health Records/Billing software.
To apply for this opening, please complete the following form and upload your cover letter and resume:
Apply By Mail
To apply by mail, please send a cover letter with the job title and your resume to Family Services, Inc:
Human Resources, Family Services, Inc.
610 East Diamond Avenue, Suite 100
Gaithersburg, MD 20877