Bilingual Trauma Therapist: Mental Health Services-Silver Spring, MD
Provides trauma therapy services to children and adults in the Long Branch community.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide a full range of trauma treatment modalities including individual, group and family to clients, some of whom may have limited English proficiency.
2. Provide treatment services in various sites including the Takoma Park East Silver Spring office, schools, community centers and other community sites in response to client needs.
3. Provide services during daytime and evening hours.
4. Attend community meetings, forums, hearings, etc. as requested by the County.
5. Develop discharge and transition plans for all clients served.
6. Ensure that all client treatment records are completed and maintained according to professional standards.
7. Provide services complaint with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and all other relevant federal, state and County laws, regulations policies and procedures regarding confidentiality of client record and record-keeping systems.
Any one of the following licenses in good standing in the State of Maryland: Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical (LCSW-C), Licensed Certified Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT). Knowledge and experienced in the treatment of children and adults who have experienced severe trauma; has experience working with multidisciplinary staff; has experience working with multicultural clients; and has bilingual English-Spanish capability advance proficiency.
A current, valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance (which meets minimum Maryland state requirements), and a good driving record (less than 4 points) are also required.
To apply for this opening, please complete the following form and upload your cover letter and resume:
Apply By Mail
To apply by mail, please send a cover letter with the job title and your resume to Family Services, Inc:
Human Resources, Family Services, Inc.
610 East Diamond Avenue, Suite 100
Gaithersburg, MD 20877