Bilingual School Mental Health Therapist:Linkages To Learning-Gaithersburg, MD
Provides clinical services to assigned clients within his or her assigned school based office or in the school building. Services may include: clinical assessments; treatment planning; individual, family, play and group psychotherapy/counseling; crisis intervention; consultation to teachers, administrators, and other school personnel; maintenance of medical records and documentation; and development of summer or after school therapeutic programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides clinical assessment and treatment services to assigned clients. These services may include:
a. Clinical assessments
b. Treatment planning
c. Individual psychotherapy / counseling
d. Family psychotherapy / counseling
e. Group psychotherapy / counseling
f. Crisis intervention /safety planning
g. Treatment monitoring, evaluation, termination, and referral
h. Consultation and collaboration with teachers and other school personnel.
i. Development of Summer Therapeutic Activity Programs.
2. Maintains demonstrated proficiency in child oriented psychotherapies and childhood disorders by submitting documentation of continuing education in this area.
3. Maintains at least the required minimum case loads and productivity requirements of Linkages to Learning, as interpreted by our County Contract Monitor.
4. Completes all required documentation in a timely manner and ensures maintenance of complete clinical record at all times for each assigned client as directed by OMHC policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
a. Obtaining necessary insurance validations and authorizations for services for assigned clients within required timelines
b. Completing clinical psychosocial assessments for each new client within required timelines and updating assessments on an annual basis
c. Completing initial and subsequent Individual Treatment Plans (ITPs) within required timelines
d. Documenting and filing progress notes within 24 hours of each psychotherapy / counseling session
e. Obtaining and maintaining accurate client personal data, consents, and relevant collateral documentation
f. Completing accurate and timely billing tickets for each billable service delivered
g. Responding to failed appointments by clients with documented outreach and/or timely notification of discharge
h. Completing all required discharge documentation within required timelines
i. Maintaining all assigned client mental health charts at all times in good and complete order.
5. If licensed at the Graduate Level , participates in weekly individual or group supervision with assigned clinically-licensed supervisor to work towards Clinical Level (LCSW-C or LCPC).
6. Attends and/or obtains minutes of weekly staff meetings to remain abreast of program issues, policy and procedure changes, and training content.
7. Participates in agency required meetings and in-service programs.
8. Completes required agency reports.
9. Completes on-call duty as assigned.
10. Performs all duties in compliance with OMHC policies and procedures and with State of Maryland COMAR Regulations.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Maintains any one of the following licenses in good standing in the State of Maryland: Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical (LCSW-C), Licensed Certified Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), or Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC).
To apply for this opening, please complete the following form and upload your cover letter and resume:
Apply By Mail
To apply by mail, please send a cover letter with the job title and your resume to Family Services, Inc:
Human Resources, Family Services, Inc.
610 East Diamond Avenue, Suite 100
Gaithersburg, MD 20877