Bilingual Residential Advocate: Domestic Violence Center-Montgomery County, MD
Provides residential support at a facility serving women and children who are fleeing domestic violence. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Welcomes new residents to the BAK center and assists with intake and orientation to the residential facility. Prepares vacant rooms for new residents.
2. Facilitates activities of residents and children in facility and the immediate area to ensure their health and safety. Provides assistance to residents and communicates clearly to supervisor or other staff. Contacts supervisors immediately for direction on serious incidents related to health and safety.
3. Provides supportive assistance to residents in developing life skills as identified in their service plans. Works with the case managers to assist residents with service issues such as housing, employment, transportation and childcare.
4. Ensures provision of nutritious food to residents and children per established schedule, and assists residents in meal preparation, clean up and other household chores.
5. Transports clients to appointments as deemed necessary in vehicle provided by the program. These may include court, medical appointments, social services and housing agencies, and to pick up client belongings that were left behind.
6. Coordinates recreational and leisure time activities with the Child Activity Coordinator and assists parents with age-appropriate activities for their children.
7. Ensures that client notes, shift log notes and critical incident reports are neat, timely and accurate.
8. Works with clients to assign and coordinate house chores
9. Cleans up and organizes areas of the building as necessary to keep the facility safe and attractive. This includes but is not limited to doing laundry, organizing storage closets and donations.
10. Provides data for reports as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
High school graduation or equivalency and two years experience in relevant program area. Oral fluency in Spanish language required, Must have valid driver’s license and availability for evening and weekend shifts. Must be able to lift 30 pounds, stand, sit, stoop, bend at the waist and knees and possess overall body flexibility.
To apply for this opening, please complete the following form and upload your cover letter and resume:
Apply By Mail
To apply by mail, please send a cover letter with the job title and your resume to Family Services, Inc:
Human Resources, Family Services, Inc.
610 East Diamond Avenue, Suite 100
Gaithersburg, MD 20877